You can call our telephone helpline on 020 8649 9339, option 1, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Just ask if you would like us to call back. Please be aware that the line can get busy at times and we may not always be able to answer you straight away. If you can’t get through, leave a message with your name and phone number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Carers Support Centre Drop-In
You can drop in to the Carers Support Centre, Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm and talk to our advice workers in person. Pre-pandemic we were open 10am-4pm and hope to return to this when it is felt safe to do so.
UPDATE: as of 13 December we are closed to visitors, in line with government Covid-19 Plan B restrictions.
- Benefits Surgery - telephone and in-person advice and claim form-completion. Offered every Monday by appointment only.
- Debt Advice - 60 minute appointment with a South West London Law Centre advisor who can look at your current debt issues and help maximise your income. Offered monthly on a Monday.
- Mental Health Carers Support - 30 minute appointment with an adviser from Mind in Croydon. The adviser can offer support on any issue affecting carers of someone with a mental health problem. Offered fortnightly on a Tuesday.
- Employment Advice - every month you can book a half-hour telephone appointment with an employment coach. They can provide practical help and advice, whether you're needing to retrain or find the right tips for a successful job search. Support includes guidance on interview skills and best CV practice, plus information about local employment or work experience opportunities. Offered on the last Tuesday of the month.
- Education, Health & Care Plans - every other week during term-time, EHCP advice is available for parent carers of a child with special educational needs. You can book a 30 minute slot from 11am-1pm with Astrid Macabee, Carers Information Service Advice Worker for free, impartial, information and advice on your EHCP related queries. To book, call 020 8649 6283 or email email@example.com.
To book an appointment or for more information about individual surgeries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message on 020 8649 9339, option 1.
Please be aware dates and times can be subject to change. You can find the latest advice surgery dates in the Diary section of the website.
Our free information pack includes:
- How To… a Guide for Carers in Croydon: a series of 11 factsheets, bringing together everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon. Topics covered include benefits, grants, carer’s assessments, social care, practical help and housing.
- Emergency Plan and in case of emergency card for your wallet.
- Leaflet about our services
- Carers Support Centre Membership card